Why Study New Zealand
World class (dynamic and progressive) education
The advantages of the education system in New Zealand to international students cannot be over-emphasized; it is a system that offers an attractive and stimulating academic environment.
- New Zealand is the youngest country on earth – the last major landmass to be discovered. It has a rich and fascinating history, reflecting both our Maori and European heritage.
- International students can expect a high standard of education and living conditions.
- English is the everyday language of New Zealanders and there is strong English Language support for international students.
- Living and tuition costs compare well with other countries.
- Traveling to New Zealand is easy with direct flights from most major cities.
- New Zealand Qualifications are globally recognized
- Five New Zealand universities featured in the 2012/13 Shanghai Jiao Tong top 500
- Seven New Zealand universities featured in the 2012/13 QS World Top 500 University Rankings
- Part-time and full-time work opportunities
- Providing 2 job search visas to international students
- Possibility to immigrate after studies
- Married students are welcomed
- Excellent climatic conditions
- Safe Country and clean country
New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. It has a progressive education system with many states of the art facilities. It offers a safe learning environment with excellent study opportunities and support services for international students. Courses are available for academic, professional and vocational studies at New Zealand institutions – universities, polytechnics and institutes of technology, colleges of education, secondary schools and private training establishments. Courses are available for academic, professional and vocational studies at universities, polytechnics, and private training establishments. Twenty-five institutions in New Zealand are part of the polytechnic system and provide education and training in a broad range of industry and occupation based vocational studies. Many polytechnics offer undergraduate degree programs as well. New Zealand has eight universities offering degree programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in academic and professional studies. All universities offer a broad range of subjects for degrees in commerce, science, and the arts. Each university has also developed its own specialist’s subjects, such as engineering, computer studies, medicine, and agriculture. There are also a number of private tertiary institutes and private training providers. You will find a wide range of options when you consider New Zealand as a study destination.
Students are allowed to work part-time 20 hours per week and full time during holidays while studying the course. After the completion of the studies, if the student has studied a course which is level 7 or above then he/she will be eligible for 1 year of job search Visa. If the course is less then Level 7 then he/she has to study for minimum of 2 years to obtain 1 year of job search Visa. Later when the student gets a permanent job offer (an offer that qualifies the visa requirement) in the related field of study, he/she may apply for PR.
- Good academics
- IELTS Score
- Finance to support education
- Genuine intentions to study
- PPC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- The student prepares Visa file as per Embassy guideline
- TT Services collect visa applications on behalf of Immigration New Zealand, New Delhi Branch Visa Officer accesses the application
Evidence of payment of course fees for 1-year Open FTS account, if applicable When you receive Approval in Principle (AIP), open an FTS account; you need to submit a copy of AIP along with the reference number. Your account will be opened and details will be sent to you only after a copy of your AIP is received by the bank. Once you receive the account detail, then you can ask for fund transfer from Nepal to your new account. The bank will issue proof of funds letter to you once funds are received into the account.
The validity of Student Visa:
If the course duration in New Zealand is more than 1 year, the student visas will only be issued for the 1st year of study/ duration for which the tuition fees is paid.
IELTS or TOEFL are mandatory requirements. It’s highly recommended for clear and timely processing of admission and visa application. Students cannot go to NZ to study an English course only. The student must have required language capability from Nepal before enrolling in an NZ Institute. TOEFL is not acceptable by the New Zealand High Commission. Please confirm acceptable test status at the time of making an application. This is just a guideline; English requirements may change as per course as well as University/ College.
Primary Applicant – NZ$ 15,000
Spouse – NZ$ 4,200
Children – NZ$ 4,2000